OnTimeSupplies.com is giving away a Crayola® Sidewalk Chalk Summer Pack to one lucky winner! This fantastic prize package is going to make for some very happy kids. Continue reading
Tomorrow is the Summer Solstice and the first day of summer! We’ve got couple great posts up about helping you enjoy the weather:
- How to refurbish your golf club grips with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
- Got kids on the swim team? Use sunscreen to clean that “eat my bubbles” marker stain off your leather car seats.
- What to do when no one in your office can agree on where to set the air conditioning.
Plus, some of the other interesting things we saw this week:
– Are we excited about Amazon’s new Fire Phone?
– The cord for my iPhone charger looks like it was attacked by vicious dogs, so it’s good to know I can replace it with the cheaper Belkin charger without sacrificing battery life.
– Unlike most listicles of this type, Mental Floss’ rundown of “11 ‘Modern Antiques’ Today’s Kids Have Probably Never Seen” made me feel young, because I didn’t grow up with most of these either.
– Office of the Future? Nobody likes working in a cubicle, but will a chair-less glass cube be any better?
– A 74-Year-Old Man Created These Beautiful Works Of Art Using Excel Spreadsheets
– Using Excel to create amazing works of art is beyond most of us, but using it to create awesome interactive reports is not.
– If you’re going to take life advice from anyone, it should probably be from 18 of the wealthiest people in history.
Have a great weekend and and AWESOME summer!
A dirty golf club grip is more than just a gross sponge of dirt and sweat. It can also be an impediment to your swing. The trick to cleaning all the gunk from your golf club grips? A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, says Stephen Boccieri, president of Boccieri Golf
Boccieri says a Magic Eraser and a little water does more than clean your grips, it rejuvenates them so they feel like they did when you bought them. Magic Erasers look like sponges, but they are actually super-fine scrubbers. The mild abrasion loosens and cleans dirt to restore the finish of your grips.
I’ve seen cleaning tutorials recommending everything from sandpaper and rubbing alcohol to buying a new grips. Boccieri’s Magic Eraser tip seems way easier and cheaper.
How to use disinfectants & actually kill germs.
Disinfectant sprays cleaners do a good job of killing germs, but only if you use them properly. Read more
Cleaning golf grips is just one of the many uses for Magic Erasers. I recommend checking out the Mr. Clean Clean Book for more ideas on how to use Magic Erasers.
Are Your Grips Sponge Worthy | Boccieri Golf
It was a great week here at the Office Ink Blog. We announced the winner of our HUGE Bigelow Tea Giveaway. Congratulations again, Wendi! Plus we shared Bigelow’s tips for making great iced tea, which was great because now I know why my iced tea never tasted right. Too much water.
Here’s a look at some of the other interesting articles we read this week:
– PBS runs down everything you need to know about the World Cup. First of all, it’s a soccer competition.
– And if you really get into it, here’s how to merge the World Cup schedule with your Google Calendar.
– With Flag Day coming up tomorrow, it’s a good time to learn a little about the history original Star Bangled Banner.
– Navy Seal explains why making your bed is the best way to start your day.
– How to turn small talk into more than complaints about the weather.
– 6 Habits of Super Successful People.
– How to clear your mind in 15 minutes to de-stress and refocus.
– Awesome TED Talk: Forget multitasking, try monotasking.
– Summer science activities that teach your kids how to make things explode. Also, lava lamps. Safely, we swear! No one’s going to lose an eye.
Have a great Father’s Day weekend! If you need a little last minute gift inspiration, check out our Dads & Grads Gift Guide.
The Bigelow Tea Giveaway is closed, and we have a winner! Before I get to who won that big box of assorted Bigelow Tea, I need to thank everyone who participated. All the comments, tweets, +1s and Facebook posts helped make this giveaway a huge success.
Now for the part you’re waiting for! The winner of the six-pack carton of assorted Bigelow tea is… Continue reading
Looking for the perfect Father’s Day Gift? The Office Ink Blog has you covered with our 2014 Father’s Day Gift Guide. And bonus: each of these tool, tech and accessory gifts for dad make great graduation gifts too. Continue reading